Import errors - Gilmore

(Edinkin) #1

Hi all, I’ve decided to have a look at Gilmore template, but had lot’s of errors on import some SCSS some metadata.

Error occured when compiling SCSS content: parse error: failed at `&} {` [SYSTEM_ROOT]/data/private/assets/css_file/0006/574062/_mixins.scss on line 420

Error occured when compiling SCSS content: parse error: failed at `&} {` [SYSTEM_ROOT]/data/private/assets/css_file/0006/574062/_mixins.scss on line 420

and pair of below for most of the assets with only difference of ID of the asset

Attribute "show_use_default" not found for Asset "metadata_field_select" [SYS0094]

Action ID "set_Metadata_Field_Select_34800_show_use_default" could not be executed

Any Ideas how to fix SCSS errors? I have a basic knowledge of SCSS, but having a look at it I couldn’t see any obvious errors yet parser isn’t happy.

(Edinkin) #2

It seems to be compiler error. I digged around Bootstrap source and it is exactly the same, so in theory it would have same problem for everyone who tried SCSS asset in Matrix that uses {&}

Anyone had issues? Any workarounds?

(Bart Banda) #3

What version are you importing to?

The

errors are safe to ignore.

Just means you don’t have this feature on the metadata fields: https://matrix.squiz.net/releases/5.5/5.5.5.0#improvements_ability-to-disable-the-use-default-checkbox-on-metadata-fields

Might be the version of the php SCSS compiler that is being used as well. More info on Matrix version, PHP version, etc would be useful to try and debug.

(Edinkin) #4

Hi Bart, I import into 5.5.3.1. I assumed metadata would be safe to ignore, however SCSS isn’t parsing at all and on the front end no CSS is loaded as a result.

Also content containers do not show content on the front end, specifically accordion and tabs isn’t working, they work well on the back and I am able to change content and save, however on the front end it’s a blank.

(Edinkin) #6

For those who come across this issue with SCSS, here is the solution that worked for me