Install Step_02.php Issues

(Matthew Barben) #1

Hi There,

At the moment I am hitting the limit of my knowledge with installing MySource Matrix.

At the moment I am getting the following error:

[01-Nov-2010 14:07:06] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'DALException' with message 'DBError!:SQLSTATE[42601]: Syntax error: 7 ERROR: syntax error at or near "table"

LINE 11: tablename=table.name;

^' in /home/mysource_matrix/core/lib/DAL/DAL.inc:909

Stack trace:

#0 /home/mysource_matrix/core/lib/db_install/db_install.inc(837): DAL::executeSql('-- creates a fu…')

#1 /home/mysource_matrix/install/step_02.php(92): install_stored_relations('functions')

#2 {main}

thrown in /home/mysource_matrix/core/lib/DAL/DAL.inc on lin

I am running CentOS 5 (64 Bit) I have can confirm that PostgreSQL (9.0) is installed and php is reporting that PDO drivers for PostgresSQL are installed.

I can confirmed the I have created matrix and matrix_secondary accounts. I have also gone through the effort of dropping the DB and recreating the DB.

If anyone can help that would be greate

Matthew

(David Schoen) #2

Just a guess based on where it's failing, but did you skip the "createlang" step from http://matrix.squiz.net/resources/installation/postgresql-setup ?

Our SQL functions are all writen in plpgsql so if you don't install it via "createlang" you will get similar errors.

(Matthew Barben) #3

Hi David,

No this step wasn't skipped, however I do get the following message when running the command:

createlang: language "plpgsql" is already installed in database "mysource_matrix"

(Chris Smith) #4

Hi,

[quote]

Hi There,

At the moment I am hitting the limit of my knowledge with installing MySource Matrix.

At the moment I am getting the following error:

[01-Nov-2010 14:07:06] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'DALException' with message 'DBError!:SQLSTATE[42601]: Syntax error: 7 ERROR: syntax error at or near "table"

LINE 11: tablename=table.name;

^' in /home/mysource_matrix/core/lib/DAL/DAL.inc:909

Stack trace:

#0 /home/mysource_matrix/core/lib/db_install/db_install.inc(837): DAL::executeSql('-- creates a fu…')

#1 /home/mysource_matrix/install/step_02.php(92): install_stored_relations('functions')

#2 {main}

thrown in /home/mysource_matrix/core/lib/DAL/DAL.inc on lin

I am running CentOS 5 (64 Bit) I have can confirm that PostgreSQL (9.0) is installed and php is reporting that PDO drivers for PostgresSQL are installed.

I can confirmed the I have created matrix and matrix_secondary accounts. I have also gone through the effort of dropping the DB and recreating the DB.

If anyone can help that would be greate

Matthew

[/quote]

You'll need this patch to use postgres 9 (this will be in the next matrix release, scheduled for 9th November):

http://public-cvs.squiz.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/mysource_matrix/install/pgsql_functions.xml?r1=1.17&r2=1.18

You'll also need to

alter database mysource_matrix SET bytea_output TO 'escape';

before running step 2.

(Matthew Barben) #5

Awesome. That did the trick. Happy to know I am not going crazy :slight_smile: