Installing Matrix on a virtual server

(Clementoke) #1

Hi all, I'm in the middle of installing Matrix on a Linux Virtual server I bought from Fasthosts.
Using PuTTy I get as far as step 2 and fall over. Is there any way I can get some step by step guide to sorting out my database and continuing the install?

Remember to give your system's Apache user write access to
    the cache and data directories of your Matrix install...
    [root@server109-228-13-59 mysource_matrix]# php install/step_02.php /home/websites/mysource_matrix

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Could not create database connection: DBError!:could not find driver' in /home/websites/mysource_matrix/core/include/mysource.inc:3355
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/websites/mysource_matrix/core/include/mysource.inc(222): MySource->changeDatabaseConnection('db')
    #1 /home/websites/mysource_matrix/core/include/init.inc(243): MySource->init()
    #2 /home/websites/mysource_matrix/install/step_02.php(57): require_once('/home/websites/...')
    #3 {main}
      thrown in /home/websites/mysource_matrix/core/include/mysource.inc on line 335                             5
    [root@server109-228-13-59 mysource_matrix]#

(Keith Brown) #2

[quote]
Hi all, I'm in the middle of installing Matrix on a Linux Virtual server I bought from Fasthosts.

Using PuTTy I get as far as step 2 and fall over. Is there any way I can get some step by step guide to sorting out my database and continuing the install?

Remember to give your system's Apache user write access to
    the cache and data directories of your Matrix install...
    [root@server109-228-13-59 mysource_matrix]# php install/step_02.php /home/websites/mysource_matrix

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Could not create database connection: DBError!:could not find driver' in /home/websites/mysource_matrix/core/include/mysource.inc:3355
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/websites/mysource_matrix/core/include/mysource.inc(222): MySource->changeDatabaseConnection('db')
    #1 /home/websites/mysource_matrix/core/include/init.inc(243): MySource->init()
    #2 /home/websites/mysource_matrix/install/step_02.php(57): require_once('/home/websites/...')
    #3 {main}
      thrown in /home/websites/mysource_matrix/core/include/mysource.inc on line 335                             5
    [root@server109-228-13-59 mysource_matrix]#

[/quote]

You might be missing some pear packages. Check them first would be my first step.

(Benjamin Pearson) #3

[quote]
You might be missing some pear packages. Check them first would be my first step.

[/quote]

Or PHP Modules (like the Postgres or Oracle drivers)

I'm not sure if the check requirements script will pick up PHP Modules but it does pick up PEAR packages.

In the Matrix root directory, run:

php install/check_requirements.php $PWD

(Clementoke) #4

[quote]
Or PHP Modules (like the Postgres or Oracle drivers)

I'm not sure if the check requirements script will pick up PHP Modules but it does pick up PEAR packages.

In the Matrix root directory, run:

php install/check_requirements.php $PWD

[/quote]

It came back with

Could not open input file: install/check_requirements.php

Got this when I ran the command in home/websites/mysource_matrix

Unable to exec the 'pear list' command.
    Please check pear is installed and in your path then try again.

(Keith Brown) #5

[quote]
It came back with

[/quote]

Fasthosts is either RHEL or Centos? If so exec:

$ rpm -q php-pear

if it doesn't return a value then you need to install pear as the next step.

$ yum install php-pear

(Benjamin Pearson) #6

[quote]

[/quote]

Do you have read/write/execute permission to the file?

(Chris Smith) #7

Hi,

[quote]

It came back with

[/quote]

Try

php /path/to/matrix/install/check_requirements.php /path/to/matrix

If you're not in the current matrix directory, you'll need to use the full path.