Interactive Quiz not showing questions

(James Porich) #1

Hi guys,
Goal:

Mini site. 4 quizzes on the site, 50 questions per quiz.

I'm actually replicating an existing flash-based quiz which features one question page, one answer page, one question page, one answer page, so on and so forth (for 50 questions), then presents final results. For 4 categories.

What I've tried:

I've set up a quiz, decided to start with one section first (i.e. 50 questions) and figured I could replicate something close to the original using the Interactive Mode of Matrix. In this way I could do a question, answer, question, answer, question, answer, etc, etc, then results. Happy days.

Problem:

I can get the original quiz to work, presenting everything in a nice long list of questions, but obviously 50 image-based questions on a page is going to be too much. When I switch to "Interactive Mode" I can not see any question content whatsoever (see screen shots attached). All I am able to actually see is the final submission button. (note this is different to my question submission button text so I know what I'm looking at is the final "submit" button to end the quiz).

So it appears that when I'm in Interactive mode, the system thinks I'm immediately on my last question for some reason(???) Clicking the "submit" button however and going through to the results page, it appears as though the system thinks I've attempted at least one question unanswered (possibly two? One of the questions is un-numbered???).

That's what my results screen is saying was passed along to it anyway?

I've attached a series of screen shots of my quiz setup, and a final screen shot to show that normal quiz mode appears to work fine and all details are showing (note: censored as it's all to do with identifying eye disease, no one wants that sprung on them).

Solutions?:

From the set up does anything appear wrong? I'm unsure about my budget for fixing issues at my organisation (I just work here man), but I'm unsure at this point if I've configured it wrong, my organisation has implemented the CMS wrong, or if this is a bug with Squiz?

I would like to not assume the later two of the three, as it seems like one of the most basic interactive quiz setups you can start with? Are there different keywords I need to use for interactive vs. non-interactive? Do I need to changes the Pool/Retries number?

Any guidance would be much appreciated!

Extra Info:
Squiz Matrix v 5.3.4.0
OS OSX El Capitan v 10.11.6
Browser is Chrome Version 52.0.2743.82 (64-bit)

Steps to replicate hopefully enough in description/screens Screen Shot 2016-08-05 at 1.58.11 PM copy.png (222 KB) Screen Shot 2016-08-05 at 2.01.57 PM copy.png (213 KB) Screen Shot 2016-08-05 at 2.03.38 PM copy.png (184 KB) Screen Shot 2016-08-05 at 2.04.29 PM copy.png (174 KB) Screen Shot 2016-08-05 at 2.06.48 PM copy.png (171 KB) Screen Shot 2016-08-05 at 2.08.37 PM.png (122 KB) Screen Shot 2016-08-05 at 2.10.49 PM.png (210 KB)

(Anthony Ponomarenko) #2

Howdy,

I have been able to replicate the issue you are having and have identified it as a bug.

If you are a squiz client you can follow it here https://squizmap.squiz.net/matrix/9745.

(Mitch Kerry) #3

Hi

Has this issue been fixed?
I’m having the same problem in version 5.4.1.3 a year later

Thanks
Mitch

(Bart Banda) #4

Yes, this specific issue was fixed in 5.4.0.2. Perhaps you are hitting a different error Mitch? Can you share your replication steps here?

(Mitch Kerry) #5

Hi

Pretty much exactly the same as above.
The questions in the bank appear fine but disappear when I change to interactive mode.
Same use case…want to use images per question.

thanks

(Mitch Kerry) #6

Issue is still there.
As soon as I change the interactive mode on, all the questions disappear.

(Bart Banda) #7

As I can’t replicate from using basic replication steps, you might need to send a ticket to support for them to investigate further.