Issues with asset builder including html as text

(John) #1

Matrix Version: 5.4.7.0 & 5.5.6.4

Hi folks,

I have found a glitch when creating news assets with an asset builder. The asset builder will include raw html as text, depending entirely on which account type you are logged into.

If I am logged in as a Public user or a User the created news asset incorrectly shows html tags as raw text:

rawhtml

However, if I am logged in as a Backend user or a Simple edit user the created asset displays as intended:

html

I know that I can set ‘Filter frontend user input’ to No in the Global Preferences, but what I can’t understand is why it is already disabled for Backend and Simple edit users when it’s set to Yes in the global preferences? Basically these two user types are ignoring the global preferences. No customisations have been applied to the user groups so they should be inheriting the global preferences.

Does anyone know what’s going on or can suggest a workaround?

Thanks!

(Iain Simmons) #2

According to the documentation for Filter frontend user input:

This feature will only filter inputs under the following circumstances:

• Input is from a User who does not have Admin Mode or Edit Mode access. This includes public users and users who are logged in to Matrix as a standard User asset.

If you’re pasting HTML directly into the WYSIWYG editor, it is likely doing the conversion for you when you save, but only after it filters that input. I don’t think there would be a way around that, aside from disabling the filtering, but that would open your site up to some security risks.

Some alternative options are to use the WYSIWYG controls to add the paragraphs as required, or use the View Source button (looks like a </>) and paste the HTML in there.

There’s an option in the Edit+ Editor Plugins section of the Global Preferences to enable/disable that View Source button and others.