Just an Idea

(Mark Brydon) #41

[quote]
We are definitely adding more into the advanced category. We just wanted to get the thing launched.

Our focus is going to be on detailed, feature rich tutorials that include a demo. That way, the user can see a demo of the functionality along with reading the demo, and logging into Matrix to see how it works.

I will be throwing up some pretty cool javascript integration tuts, stay tuned. :slight_smile:

[/quote]

Congratulations on the launch Nic and Duncan.

We'll see if we can assist with editing your signature - please PM modifications, likely just removal of "coming soon", and perhaps an admin (maybe even myself?) can assist here.

(Luke Wright) #42

[quote]
Man, can you even edit your signature? I can't, I swear it is a forum bug. Frustrating.

[/quote]

Off topic: it's not just you, Nic; I can't either. I'm not sure if it is a bug in the forum software, or whether not all of the settings were carried over properly.

(Nic Hubbard) #43

[quote]
Off topic: it's not just you, Nic; I can't either. I'm not sure if it is a bug in the forum software, or whether not all of the settings were carried over properly.

[/quote]

Good, I am not going crazy.

Thanks to Mark for manually fixing mine. :slight_smile:

(Tbaatar) #44

Would be cool to have very detailed MySource Matrix Installation tutorial , including tuning and mail setup.

(Nic Hubbard) #45

[quote]
Would be cool to have very detailed MySource Matrix Installation tutorial , including tuning and mail setup.

[/quote]

Awesome idea. I had done a install Matrix in 15 minutes on my blog, but I really do agree that this could be expanded.

(Tbaatar) #46

Yeah I did use your tutorial to do the installation but I had to use 3-4 different sources, in that process I missed lot of stuff and only realised recently that I hadn't setup mail, now I'm struggling to set it up. :frowning:

(Nic Hubbard) #47

[quote]
Yeah I did use your tutorial to do the installation but I had to use 3-4 different sources, in that process I missed lot of stuff and only realised recently that I hadn't setup mail, now I'm struggling to set it up. :frowning:

[/quote]

What flavor of linux are you using?

In Debian, you can just do apt-get install postfix and it is pretty much up and running.

(Ryan Callaghan) #48

expand more on setting up the database.

thats where it all goes to hell :stuck_out_tongue:

(Nic Hubbard) #49

[quote]
thats where it all goes to hell :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

Don't say that, you are stabbing your employer in the back. :slight_smile:

(Tbaatar) #50

I added security measures including iptables, public private key etc before setting up the mail. Since then I had to format my computer and lost the setting that was inside putty.

So the only way I can access is through Slicehost console and it sucksss to change things. :angry:

(Nic Hubbard) #51

[quote]
So the only way I can access is through Slicehost console and it sucksss to change things. :angry:

[/quote]

So, SSH is not working?

(Tbaatar) #52

Nope :frowning:

It looks like re-install again for me, 3.24 does look tempting thought.

(Ryan Callaghan) #53

stabbing my employer in the back cause I dont know how to set up a db? :stuck_out_tongue:

don't think so!

(Mark Brydon) #54

Like all forum posts, please remain constructive.
If there are any issues or questions with Matrix setup or operation, this is a great place to voice those questions.

Ryan, in your case you have direct access to Squiz personnel with the appropriate experience, so please make use of these resources.

(Duncan Robertson) #55

Togo, I've got those installation videos somewhere. Including correct setup of the mail exchange.

Although, knowing you're right at the start of a project does offer the opportunity to get off 3.18!

(Dw Andrew) #56

Can someone please activate/fix my account? I think the username is 'ndrw'. I followed the activation link but no I cannot login :slight_smile:

(Nic Hubbard) #57

[quote]
Can someone please activate/fix my account? I think the username is 'ndrw'. I followed the activation link but no I cannot login :slight_smile:

[/quote]

I am not seeing your account under the accounts that have not yet been activated. Could you contact me through PM or the Contact Us form on the Community site, and we can get this fixed?

Thanks.