Keyword to find if an asset is linked to other pages

(Nick Papadatos) #1

Matrix Version: 5.5.4

Hi Squiz folk,

I’m currently doing an audit on a section of our website and I’m trying to find out if any of the assets have links to other pages. Is there a keyword for this?

I’m currently using an Asset Lister to display info (title, date published, etc) into a table. Your help is appreciated

Cheers
Nick

(Bart Banda) #2

The linking screen should tell you this for the most part, but you can also use the Data Search Tool extension to search for asset ids found in asset’s attributes and metadata for a certain root node which should also help: https://marketplace.squiz.net/extensions/data-search-tool

(Nick Papadatos) #3

Thanks Bart - but I wanted to list NOTICE links in a table row ie:
Table Header: title, date published, content type, URL, parent folder name , “path to asset its linked to” like you see in the linking screen.

I’m just wondering how the data search tool is going to help? Sorry but I only came across that extension tool recently.

Cheers
N

(Bart Banda) #4

Thanks for clarifying. The data search tool is just for reporting, not for creating your own custom reports, which sounds like what you are wanting to do?

You should be able to do it with a custom DB query using the DB connector and DB data source, but you’d need to know some SQL query skills and have read access directly to the DB to put into the connector.