Listing form submission filtered based on one of the fields

(Edinkin) #1

Hi all,

I have an existing custom form that collects details from users one of the form fields is a dropdown that allows users to select which group they will belong to.
Internally different groups managed by different people. I am attempting to list submissions using asset listing, but I need to filter the list by group.

I want to be able to give internal group managers a URL they can hit to download submissions just for they group. The volume of submissions is quite high and it’s not feasible to use selective emails to send out each submission (there are over 15 groups)

I have no issues creating the listing to list form submissions or creating design outputting XLS what I need help with is filtering so only submissions of one group appear at a time.

Appreciate any ideas

(Bart Banda) #2

What version of matrix are you using? If you are on 5.4 you could potentially feed all results into a Server Side JS processing and filter it that way?

Alternatively you could have a trigger that moves the submission into a separate folder when it gets completed and use a dynamic root node selection to list the submissions with the asset listing.

The third option is to use a trigger that sets a metadata value on the submission based on the selection and then use a search page to list and filter the submissions?