Listing multiple events and booking links

(Innes Zenati) #1

Matrix Version:5.4.6.0

Need some inspiration on how I could go about building an easy to use (for our events team) function to list multiple events and booking links (for our new events area on our website).

I have created a content container template (found this option is not very easy to handle on the front end) and could effectively have 10 cloned metadata schemas which they can easily fill out via simple edit but if they have more there must be another way to build this so that is as user friendly as possible,

Another way would be to have them create multiple data records but this is a step I would like to take out of the process for them as they are novices when using matrix.

Hope this make sense and would appreciate anyone sharing their views if they have built something similar.

Thanks
Innes

(Tbaatar) #2

Would it be better to just create these events as Single/Recurring events asset with metadata to hold the link/cta value and use Calendar Search or Calendar Page to list the events?

All you have to create is the asset builder in custom admin console interface for the novice users to just fill out bunch of form fields.

(Innes Zenati) #3

Hi @tbaatar thanks for your comment, we eventually decided to go with creating a container template which easily allows the simple edit user to create an event via edit+ and will only populate the fields they need to fill in. Works a treat if anyone else is thinking about doing the same type of thing.

(Tim Trodd) #4

Hi Innes,

Interested in the above. Did you use batch js.api calls to create the asset/apply the metadata to the newly created asset?

Thanks,

Tim

(Innes Zenati) #5

Hi Tim, no I merely created a container template with a separate paint layout, metadata and a simple edit layout. The fields you then create in the metadata are fillable via your new asset when selecting a container template. This then prints on the front end and you then repeat the process for another event. See screenshots.container-template-hierarchy

(Tim Trodd) #6

ahh I get what you mean! Thanks.

Tim

(Tbaatar) #7

Ah cool.

I thought you had created Simple Edit interface (custom Edit+ ) solution but if you are adding this from the backend or the Edit+ then it makes sense to use container template.