Locking the homepage link

(Douglas (@finnatic at @waikato)) #1

Matrix Version: 5.4.1.2

Is there a way we can lock the index link to a site homepage?

(Bart Banda) #2

Not that I know of. Maybe there is a way to do it via a Trigger and using the Fail trigger action?

Out of curiosity, why would you need to do that?

(Douglas (@finnatic at @waikato)) #3

User confusion, where an unaware editor with admin privileges ends up on the site asset, looking at site settings and mistakenly clicks into the index page select box, picks another page and then clicks save …

… we’ve had this happen twice now. The users need admin to make new assets live and workflow isn’t always a solution for our setup, but finding a way to technically prevent it would be useful (in addition to identifying this as a key training topic).

(Bart Banda) #4

Maybe add a plugin for Edit+ to remove those fields from the Site asset’s Details screen?

Would love to know how to do that too. It’s essy to get disorientated once your on the site asset. And your right the select button people press as it’s so handy and right there :slight_smile:

(David Schoen) #6

Probably worth raising as a Squizmap and seeing if anyone else is interested in it.

I can’t see a good reason to not expose link locking on notice links, it’s already there internally so if I enable it on the index notice link directly in the DB and try to change the index page on the details screen of a site asset I get a fairly sensible warning:

(Douglas (@finnatic at @waikato)) #7

I need to check if I did raise a squizmap for this.

Happened again to us today, panicked email fearing that a child page had been saved over the index page, but no, just the index page mistakenly changed.

(Douglas (@finnatic at @waikato)) #8

Squizmap - https://squizmap.squiz.net/matrix/12113

Set the
// Enable editing of the Site asset
enableSiteEditing: true,

to false in EasyEdit config and no one can change the site settings in EasyEdit

I would use “fail” trigger on backend to prevent wrong admins doing anything they shouldn’t

(Bart Banda) #10

In addition to what Petri suggested, another option might be to remove the write/admin permission access for the Site asset for majority of your users?