Locks, commit, lost edits

(Ian Hirst) #1

A slightly annoying thing after spending a bit of time (not sure exactly how long) making edits to a page then clicking commit, the changes aren’t saved even though I apparently still hold the locks on the asset.

Any idea what’s going on?

(Tbaatar) #2

You might want to increase the Lock Length setting under System Configuration, and also check Header Frame Refresh Interval setting.

More info here: https://matrix.squiz.net/manuals/system-configuration/chapters/system-configuration#Intervals

(Ian Hirst) #3

I think the confusing thing for me is that editing the content within a page doesn’t reset the timers. So I could be editing and working on the page for 10 minutes, but the system doesn’t appear to know this and when I submit the changes everything is lost because I’ve lost the locks.

(Bart Banda) #4

Sounds like an issue in your system as this shouldn’t be happening. Are there any JS errors after a few minutes that might prevent the locks from auto-re-acquiring?

Does it happen on all asset types and screens and just some?

Does it happen for all users or just you?

Where does it happen? In /_admin or /_edit mode?

If the problem persists and you are a Squiz customer, I’d suggest sending a support ticket in for Squiz support to have a closer look at your system.