Manual installation Problems Matrix 4.12.0

(Pw) #1

I downloaded 4.12.0 version using checkout.sh script from one of my old Matrix installations.

Everything went smoothly but "step_03.php" is going very slow & I got many errors like:

<br /> ------------------------------------<br /> Asset &quot;search_page&quot; fails the &quot;asset&quot; requirement for &quot;listing_engine v0.15&quot;<br /> As specified by /srv/www/mysource_matrix-4-12-0/packages/search/search_page/asset.xml and will be deferred<br /> ------------------------------------<br /> ------------------------------------<br /> Asset &quot;search_log_report&quot; fails the &quot;asset&quot; requirement for &quot;search_page v0.9&quot;<br /> As specified by /srv/www/mysource_matrix-4-12-0/packages/search/log_reports/search_log_report/asset.xml and will be deferred<br /> ------------------------------------<br /> ------------------------------------<br /> Asset &quot;search_list&quot; fails the &quot;asset&quot; requirement for &quot;listing_engine v0.12&quot;<br /> As specified by /srv/www/mysource_matrix-4-12-0/packages/search/search_list/asset.xml and will be deferred<br /> ------------------------------------<br /> ------------------------------------<br /> Asset &quot;form_section_action_soap_call&quot; attempts to inherit from the unknown type &quot;form_section_action&quot;<br /> As specified by /srv/www/mysource_matrix-4-12-0/packages/web_services/api/form_section_action_types/form_section_action_soap_call/asset.xml<br /> ------------------------------------<br /> ------------------------------------<br /> Asset &quot;form_action_soap_call&quot; attempts to inherit from the unknown type &quot;form_action&quot;<br /> As specified by /srv/www/mysource_matrix-4-12-0/packages/web_services/api/form_action_types/form_action_soap_call/asset.xml<br /> ------------------------------------<br /> ------------------------------------<br /> Asset &quot;form_action_call_rest_resource&quot; attempts to inherit from the unknown type &quot;form_action&quot;<br /> As specified by /srv/www/mysource_matrix-4-12-0/packages/web_services/rest/form/form_action_types/form_action_call_rest_resource/asset.xml<br /> ------------------------------------<br /> ------------------------------------<br /> Asset &quot;page_calendar_events_search&quot; fails the &quot;asset&quot; requirement for &quot;search_page v0.26&quot;<br /> As specified by /srv/www/mysource_matrix-4-12-0/packages/calendar/page_templates/page_calendar_events_search/asset.xml and will be deferred<br /> ------------------------------------<br /> ------------------------------------<br /> Asset &quot;google_map&quot; attempts to inherit from the unknown type &quot;page_asset_listing&quot;<br /> As specified by /srv/www/mysource_matrix-4-12-0/packages/google_maps/google_map/asset.xml<br /> ------------------------------------<br />

Anyone got similar errors? Am I doing something wrong?

(Nic Hubbard) #2

Looks like something failed. What guide did you use to do the manual install?

(Pw) #3

[quote]
Looks like something failed. What guide did you use to do the manual install?

[/quote]

Funny thing is that this install works quite good…

Maybe it is a fault of old checkout.sh script? Script output was:

<br /> Checking out squiz matrix core ..<br /> Checking out squiz matrix packages ..<br /> Everything has been checked out into the test_checkout/ folder.<br /> For installation instructions, please visit<br /> http://matrix.squiz.net/resources/installation/<br />

instead of

<br /> http://matrix.squizsuite.net/quick-start-guide/manual-installation/<br />

(Edison Wang) #4

i don't think the checkout script matters, as long as it checks out the correct code.

Those errors are caused by assets dependency. Sometime it happens because PHP decides to install some inheriting assets first, rather than base assets. It's related to the OS and file system on the server.

I suppose those assets will be picked up later and still gets installed? if not, you might need to run step3 again, and you shouldn't get such errors any more, because those base assets should be installed already.

(Pw) #5

[quote]
i don't think the checkout script matters, as long as it checks out the correct code.

Those errors are caused by assets dependency. Sometime it happens because PHP decides to install some inheriting assets first, rather than base assets. It's related to the OS and file system on the server.

I suppose those assets will be picked up later and still gets installed? if not, you might need to run step3 again, and you shouldn't get such errors any more, because those base assets should be installed already.

[/quote]

After step_03 first time with mentioned errors - Matrix worked well, but I cannot tell if something was missing or not. I don't know how to test it.

Did another run of step_03 - absolutely no errors.

Thanks!