Matrix 6 and Neo Template

(Chris Horikx) #1

Hi Guys,

I get the gist from the Neo Template that it renders the design in from SSJS. How does this work with the new in-line editing feature on Matrix 6?

If I were to create a SSJS rendered site like Neo, is there a way that it can be developed so that it plays nicely with in-line editing?

Chris

(Bart Banda) #2

Hey Chris,
SSJS still renders in inline edit mode, so that part is fine. The main work to optimise the M5 Neo template is to move things from the Paint Layout into the design and simplify the PL as much as possible, as you’d need to replicate that template layout in a custom edit layout for standard pages, and then for each other asset type you want to have inline editable, like news items and events.

We’re working on some developer docs for inline edit template optimisations to help guide users that want to do this as well FYI, we’ll hopefully have that up on the docs sometime in the next few weeks.

(Chris Horikx) #3

Great news about the documentation!

Halfway through my last SSJS project I realised that you could do a lot of the PL intelligence with keywords and SSJS. It would be great to be able to get the PL out of the design sequence if possible.