Metadata - colon not working in field names

(Jesstp) #1

Squiz Matrix v5.3.2.1

Hello,

When creating new field name for the metadata, the colon doesn’t work. Squiz removes it completely, but the full stop works. It does work in the Friendly name though.

For example: instead of twitter:card I have to use twitter.card.

Does anyone know if this will affect results?

Cheers
Jess

(Bart Banda) #2

twitter.card will affect SEO things, but you should be able to work around it by hardcoding the metadata fields into a standard page and outputting the values manually. Have a look at the templates on the matrix site which give you an example of how to do that: https://matrix.squiz.net/resources/templates/system-templates

We are also plannning on adding support for customising the metadata field output completely per metadata field which will make this a lot easier.

(Jesstp) #3

Thanks Bart. Unforunately, where I work I can’t open WinZip files.

(Jesstp) #4

@Bart I managed to open the matrix site template and unless I’m looking in the wrong place, can’t see where hardcode the meta fields.

Can the metadata be coded straight into the parse file? Like:

Do you know why all of our matrix metadata instances are with a full stop and not a colon? Is this something I could fix myself?

Interesting regression, works fine in 5.1.3.0

(Jesstp) #6

@anon82462363 I agree - though this is site that has been cloned from a very old site, so I suspect this was something that wasn’t rectified and a legacy thing.

(Bart Banda) #7

If you downloaded the System or Project template, you would find it here:

You could hardcode them into the parse file as well, but usually better to keep it all outside in a SP and nest that in.

Does that help?