MySource error

(Mark Brydon) #21

[quote]also when cron runs I get these errors: (so something is still not right)

/core/include/locale_manager.inc:504) - Asset Type "root_user" is not installed on this system [SYS0091]

/core/include/locale_manager.inc:504) - Unable to get Root User [CRON0023][/quote]

This is a major issue and a similar message should appear while running the installation scripts. Unfortunately not much can be done with a system in this state. It is recommended to start the installation process again with a fresh database and filesystem with the relevant configuration in place, taking note of any errors that may be present at each step.

[quote]Ok i managed to get to the end of the install process without any errors in the log file except the classic error that appears when you try and browse to the website the first time.

[ASSERT EXCEPTION] Asset "session_handler_default" is not installed on the system, unable to include its source file [SYS0320][/quote]

Similar to the missing "Root User", a message similar to this should be shown whilst installing. Please verify that the following directories are still on the filesystem and contain source files. I realise this was verified previously but things may have changed since then…

core/assets/system/session_handling/session_handler
    core/assets/system/session_handling/session_handler_types/session_handler_default
    core/assets/system/session_handling/session_handler_types/session_handler_memcache

(Mat Valdman) #22

[quote]This is a major issue and a similar message should appear while running the installation scripts. Unfortunately not much can be done with a system in this state. It is recommended to start the installation process again with a fresh database and filesystem with the relevant configuration in place, taking note of any errors that may be present at each step.

Similar to the missing "Root User", a message similar to this should be shown whilst installing. Please verify that the following directories are still on the filesystem and contain source files. I realise this was verified previously but things may have changed since then…

core/assets/system/session_handling/session_handler
    core/assets/system/session_handling/session_handler_types/session_handler_default
    core/assets/system/session_handling/session_handler_types/session_handler_memcache
[/quote]

Ok the attached image shows the .inc files in green text in each folder mentioned (is there anything else missing?)

[attachment=376:matrix_folders.gif]

I re-installed everything again with no errors until I tried to browse to the site and got the session_handler_default error again!!!! ARGH!! and the cron error eventually starts again too. matrix_folders.gif (20.2 KB)

(Mat Valdman) #23

OK FYI:

-----------< /etc/hosts File Contents >-----------------

127.0.0.1 localhost

127.0.1.1 matrixlocal.tvetaustralia.com.au matrixlocal

The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts

::1 localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback

fe00::0 ip6-localnet

ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix

ff02::1 ip6-allnodes

ff02::2 ip6-allrouters

ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

machine IP addres is 192.168.60.133

(Mat Valdman) #24

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!
After Much web searching and frustration I found this blog: http://matrixstuff.blogspot.com/2009/01/installing-mysource-matrix-on-ubuntu.html

and followed the following steps (see below) which got me to the point where I get the matrix login box!!! YAY!!!

However now I get 4 php errors that I am currently trying to eliminate (progress at least) SOLVED the db.inc file had an extra linebreak at the start of the file before the <?php declaration causing the php error!!

SO I have a working installation of Matrix 3.20.1

Mucho Thanks to all who helped and gave me advice etc (Dan, Micky, Mark)

[quote]SOLVED

PHP Warning

session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at [SYSTEM_ROOT]/data/private/conf/db.inc:2)

PHP Warning

session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at [SYSTEM_ROOT]/data/private/conf/db.inc:2)

PHP Warning

Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [SYSTEM_ROOT]/data/private/conf/db.inc:2)

PHP Warning

Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [SYSTEM_ROOT]/data/private/conf/db.inc:2)[/quote]

[quote]<steps followed from matrixstuff blog>

root@ubuntu:~# vi /etc/default/locale

---------------------------

Change the file to read:

LANG="C"

LANGUAGE="C"

---------------------------

root@ubuntu:~# export LANG="C"

root@ubuntu:~# export LANGUAGE="C"

root@ubuntu:~# apt-get install postgresql postgresql-client

root@ubuntu:~# pear upgrade-all

root@ubuntu:~# pear install Auth_SASL HTTP HTTP_Client HTTP_Request Image_Canvas-0.3.1 Image_Color Image_Graph-0.7.2 Mail Mail_Mime Mail_Queue Mail_mimeDecode Math_Stats-0.8.5 Net_SMTP Net_Socket Net_URL Numbers_Roman Text_Diff XML_HTMLSax XML_Parser XML_RPC XML_Tree

</ steps from matrixblog>[/quote]

(Njlaw) #25

Just in case it helps anyone else out, I was having the same and similar errors about the session handler when trying to install on FreeBSD 7.1. It turns out that the install in step 3 was failing without any error (on stdout, stderr, or in error.log) while appearing to succeed because of a missing Pear module. Which modules were missing but required, I'm not sure. Thanks to mat.valdman for pointing me in the right direction!

Here is my list of installed modules when the install appeared to be successful but wasn't.

pear-1.7.2
    pear-Cache_Lite-1.7.5,1
    pear-DB-1.7.13,1
    pear-File_Archive-1.5.4
    pear-MDB2-2.4.1
    pear-MIME_Type-1.1.3
    pear-Mail-1.1.14
    pear-Mail_Mime-1.5.2,2
    pear-Net_SMTP-1.3.2
    pear-Net_Socket-1.0.9
    pear-System_Command-1.0.6
    pear-Text_Diff-1.0.0
    pear-XML_HTMLSax-2.1.2
    pear-XML_Parser-1.3.2

Here is the list of modules from the successful install.
    pear-1.7.2
    pear-Cache_Lite-1.7.5,1
    pear-DB-1.7.13,1
    pear-File_Archive-1.5.4
    pear-HTTP-1.4.1
    pear-HTTP_Client-1.2.0
    pear-HTTP_Request-1.4.4
    pear-Image_Canvas-0.3.0_1
    pear-Image_Color-1.0.3
    pear-Image_Graph-0.7.2
    pear-Log-1.11.3
    pear-MDB2-2.4.1
    pear-MIME_Type-1.1.3
    pear-Mail-1.1.14
    pear-Mail_Mime-1.5.2,2
    pear-Mail_Queue-1.2.2
    pear-Mail_mimeDecode-1.5.0
    pear-Net_SMTP-1.3.2
    pear-Net_Socket-1.0.9
    pear-Net_URL-1.0.15
    pear-Numbers_Roman-1.0.2
    pear-System_Command-1.0.6
    pear-Text_Diff-1.0.0
    pear-XML_HTMLSax-2.1.2
    pear-XML_Parser-1.3.2
    pear-XML_RPC-1.5.1_1
    pear-XML_Tree-1.1_2

(Daniel Nitsche) #26

Perhaps a little late, but this might be of some help for next time :slight_smile:
http://matrixsecrets.com/2009/02/virtually-matrix

(Rejuvmail) #27

Extremely frustrating, it is 2015 and the same errors are appearing as below:

I've tried all the suggestions to no avail. Working for one of Australia's most prestigious universitie's we are trialling the product as a potential replacement for our current CMS, however the

difficulties involved in setting it up are almost ruling this out as an option. I'm using the source as supplied in the VMWare image for download ...

During step 3:

Asset #12 does not exist [SYS0087]

Argument 1 passed to MySource::setCurrentUser() must be an instance of User,

Accessing the web page:

[ASSERT EXCEPTION] Asset "session_handler_default" is not installed on the system, unable to include its source file [SYS0320]

(Nic Hubbard) #28

Bart, can you help this guy? Don't want to lose a client. :)