MySource error

(Wmanns) #1

Hi

I have just installed mysource matrix on a ubuntu server machine. The install seemed to go fine, but I'm getting the following error:

[ASSERT EXCEPTION] Asset "session_handler_default" is not installed on the system, unable to include its source file [SYS0320]

Any idea what is causing this error and how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance

Warwick

(Dan Simmons) #2

It sounds like something has gone wrong in your install/upgrade process. Do you have the following files in your Matrix system root?

core/assets/system/session_handling/session_handler_types/session_handler_default
    core/assets/system/session_handling/session_handler_types/session_handler_default/session_handler_default.inc
    core/assets/system/session_handling/session_handler_types/session_handler_default/session_handler_default_edit_fns.inc
    core/assets/system/session_handling/session_handler_types/session_handler_default/session_handler_default_management.inc

(Wmanns) #3

[quote]It sounds like something has gone wrong in your install/upgrade process. Do you have the following files in your Matrix system root?

core/assets/system/session_handling/session_handler_types/session_handler_default
    core/assets/system/session_handling/session_handler_types/session_handler_default/session_handler_default.inc
    core/assets/system/session_handling/session_handler_types/session_handler_default/session_handler_default_edit_fns.inc
    core/assets/system/session_handling/session_handler_types/session_handler_default/session_handler_default_management.inc
[/quote]

Hi

thanks for your reply. Yes, all these files exist.

(Mark Brydon) #4

Please ensure that all installation / upgrade steps are executed. The following items should be shown in a list underneath "Installing Package_Manager_Core" after running step_03:

• session_handler
    [*]session_handler_default
    [*]session_handler_memcache

(Wmanns) #5

[quote]Please ensure that all installation / upgrade steps are executed. The following items should be shown in a list underneath "Installing Package_Manager_Core" after running step_03:

• session_handler
    [*]session_handler_default
    [*]session_handler_memcache
[/quote]

all those exist after step 3. Step 3 is finishing with an error though:

+------------------------------------------------------+
    | MySource Warning									 |
    |------------------------------------------------------|
    | Asset #12 does not exist [SYS0087]				   |
    +--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | PHP Error																																					|
    |--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    | Argument 1 passed to MySource::setCurrentUser() must be an instance of User, null given, called in [SYSTEM_ROOT]/install/install.inc on line 352 and defined |
    +--------------------------------------------------------------------

(Ajbennett08) #6

[quote]all those exist after step 3. Step 3 is finishing with an error though:

| MySource Warning									 |
    |------------------------------------------------------|
    | Asset #12 does not exist [SYS0087]				   |
    +--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | PHP Error																																					|
    |--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    | Argument 1 passed to MySource::setCurrentUser() must be an instance of User, null given, called in [SYSTEM_ROOT]/install/install.inc on line 352 and defined |
    +--------------------------------------------------------------------
[/quote]

I can confirm that this appears to be replicated using an Ubuntu 8.10 installation, PHP5, Postgres 8.3 - following the installation process as outlined exactly.

I get the same errors when running step03 and the same problem when attempting to access MySource_Matrix via apache.

I had an 3.20.0 version running perfectly on my debian 4.0 etch box last week but there really should be nothing different in moving to Ubuntu . . .

Cheers,
Andrew

(Mark Brydon) #7

[quote]I can confirm that this appears to be replicated using an Ubuntu 8.10 installation, PHP5, Postgres 8.3 - following the installation process as outlined exactly.

I get the same errors when running step03 and the same problem when attempting to access MySource_Matrix via apache.

I had an 3.20.0 version running perfectly on my debian 4.0 etch box last week but there really should be nothing different in moving to Ubuntu . . .[/quote]

It looks like the Root User was not installed correctly. The upgrade process will have to be started again from your backup. If it is a fresh installation, the new version must be removed and the installation process started again. In both scenarios this will involve dropping and recreating the database used by the new installation.

The installation process may have failed higher up (eg; step 2). If so, there may be other errors in the error log above those already mentioned. Please attempt to reinstall and get back to us if there are any further errors.

(Ajbennett08) #8

[quote]It looks like the Root User was not installed correctly. The upgrade process will have to be started again from your backup. If it is a fresh installation, the new version must be removed and the installation process started again. In both scenarios this will involve dropping and recreating the database used by the new installation.

The installation process may have failed higher up (eg; step 2). If so, there may be other errors in the error log above those already mentioned. Please attempt to reinstall and get back to us if there are any further errors.[/quote]

Hi Mark,

Clearly there is something I'm managing to stuff up - I repeated the entire process twice today and again with another Debian 4.0 box - got the same problem both times. Any thoughts as to what I'm managing to stuff up ?

Cheers,

Andrew

(Mark Brydon) #9

Hi Andrew,

Are there any error messages in error.log while performing the installation? If you can post these details through it may give us a clue about why this is occurring.

Also, is this a fresh installation, or an upgrade from a previous version? If it is an upgrade, please supply the previous version number. If the installation has been moved from one server to another, please let us know so we can get a full picture of the scenario. Cheers.

(Ajbennett08) #10

[quote]Hi Andrew,

Are there any error messages in error.log while performing the installation? If you can post these details through it may give us a clue about why this is occurring.

Also, is this a fresh installation, or an upgrade from a previous version? If it is an upgrade, please supply the previous version number. If the installation has been moved from one server to another, please let us know so we can get a full picture of the scenario. Cheers.[/quote]

Hi Mark,

This is a fresh install on a clean virtual machine running latest Ubuntu 8.10 server. I can see any errors in the install logs but I'll have another look! Will post shortly.

Cheers,

Andrew

(Micky Gough) #11

[quote]Hi Mark,

This is a fresh install on a clean virtual machine running latest Ubuntu 8.10 server. I can see any errors in the install logs but I'll have another look! Will post shortly.

Cheers,

Andrew[/quote]

Hi Guys,

After much trial and error, we've found that you'll encounter this problem if you use an email address that doesn't use an fqdn as the tech or default emails in main.inc. E.g., root@local will break the install, root@matrix.localdomain should work much more happily.

Kind Regards,

Micky

(Mat Valdman) #12

[quote]Hi Guys,

After much trial and error, we've found that you'll encounter this problem if you use an email address that doesn't use an fqdn as the tech or default emails in main.inc. E.g., root@local will break the install, root@matrix.localdomain should work much more happily.

Kind Regards,

Micky[/quote]

[quote][ASSERT EXCEPTION] Asset "session_handler_default" is not installed on the system, unable to include its source file [SYS0320][/quote]

I am still getting this error too after dropping the database and removing the entire mysource_matrix Folder and reinstalling everything several times.

I am running Ubuntu 8.10 server on Sun VirtualBox.

I have tried to install everything without the default and tech emails specified but it still doesn't work.

I get no errors in step 02 and 03

is there anything else I can try to fix this install?

cheers Mat

(Daniel Nitsche) #13

Mat: you still need the default and tech emails, but as Micky has suggested, they need to have a Full Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) such as root@matrix.localhost.

root@localhost will not work, and leaving the field blank probably won’t either.

(Greg Sherwood) #14

Leaving them blank is fine, we do it all the time to stop spam during unit test runs. But you really should set them on a production site so Matrix can send emails to the right people when important system changes are made.

(Mat Valdman) #15

I deliberately left the default and tech emails in main.inc blank during my last attempted install.

the installation errors are attached as a screenshot (yeah yeah I baint been able to configure the shared folder in VBox so I can't get the log file off the system as plain text - is a picture of words worth 1000 words???)

[attachment=375:matrix_errors.gif]

anyways thanks fer all yr advice and helps etc.

Cheers Mat matrix_errors.gif (19.6 KB)

(Daniel Nitsche) #16

Have you set "SQ_CONF_SYSTEM_ROOT_URLS"?

It looks like Matrix doesn't have a hostname to work with, so when it trys to set the Root User's email address, it's using "root@" which is invalid, so the Root User isn't created.

(Mat Valdman) #17

[quote]Have you set “SQ_CONF_SYSTEM_ROOT_URLS”?

It looks like Matrix doesn’t have a hostname to work with, so when it trys to set the Root User’s email address, it’s using “root@” which is invalid, so the Root User isn’t created.[/quote]

Yep set to: 127.0.0.1

Its a VBox virtual install of ubuntu server and I am accessing it via http://localhost:8888 from the host machine (using port fowarding etc)

it is finding the matrix server fine and I am getting the Mysource Message:

[“session_handler_default” is not installed on the system, unable to include its source file [SYS0320] ]

in my browser (I assume that means that the config file has been setup correctly and that 127.0.0.1 is a FQDN

(Daniel Nitsche) #18

127.0.0.1 is a local loopback address, and can't normally be accessed externally. Matrix might be able to install using that IP, but I've never seen it done that way.

I'd suggest editing your /etc/hosts to include something like:

127.0.0.1 matrix.localhost

Then set "SQ_CONF_SYSTEM_ROOT_URLS" to "matrix.localhost".

You'll also need to add a line to your host machines /etc/hosts to point to the matrix.localhost domain.

(Mat Valdman) #19

[quote]127.0.0.1 is a local loopback address, and can't normally be accessed externally. Matrix might be able to install using that IP, but I've never seen it done that way.

I'd suggest editing your /etc/hosts to include something like:

127.0.0.1 matrix.localhost

Then set "SQ_CONF_SYSTEM_ROOT_URLS" to "matrix.localhost".

You'll also need to add a line to your host machines /etc/hosts to point to the matrix.localhost domain.[/quote]

Sorry Dan, no joy, still getting the Undefined Index: HOSTNAME error when I run step_03.php even when using matrix.local and setting up 127.0.0.1 matrix.localhost in the /etc/hosts file

Are there any tests I could do prior to running the matrix installation to ensure that any ROOT_URLS I want to use are working?

Cheers Mat

(Mat Valdman) #20

Ok i managed to get to the end of the install process without any errors in the log file except the classic error that appears when you try and browse to the website the first time.

[ASSERT EXCEPTION] Asset "session_handler_default" is not installed on the system, unable to include its source file [SYS0320]

I thought I had resolved the FQDN issue for the ROOT_URLS in main.inc but perhaps this is not so.

I ran the command hostname -f and got: ubun2.TVETAUSTRALIA.COM.AU so I used that as the ROOT_URLS domain name

This is going to be just a Test System so can I use IP address of the server instead of a domain name for the ROOT_URLS

also when cron runs I get these errors: (so something is still not right)

/core/include/locale_manager.inc:504) - Asset Type "root_user" is not installed on this system [SYS0091]

/core/include/locale_manager.inc:504) - Unable to get Root User [CRON0023]

I hope this is the final hurdle to get the system to install.

If anyone has any more advice or tips I would really appreciate it!

Cheers Mat