MySource Matrix Manuals Site Released

(Deborah Sherwood) #1

After 5 long months, Squiz are happy to announce there is a brand new web site - http://manuals.matrix.squiz.net

Yeap - you guessed it. The MySource Matrix manuals are now available on the web.

For more information, you can read the full article on the full article.

(Greg Sherwood) #2

Grats to those involved. This is a great site.

(Aleks Bochniak) #3

Nice site… but can we still download the PDF manuals?

(Greg Sherwood) #4

You can still get PDFs for older versions of Matrix from the old site, but there will no longer be PDFs produced of the manuals going forward. There may be other ways to get access to hard-copies, but we are still exploring our options.

(Warwick Barnes) #5

(I meant to post this months ago, but…) the manuals site is excellent - well done!

Being able to search quickly for a topic in the manuals has really improved the efficiency of working with Matrix.

I don't miss the PDFs at all.

Cheers,

Warwick

(Douglas (@finnatic at @waikato)) #6

The Manuals site says:

[quote]The content in this library is current for Version 3.28.3 of MySource Matrix.

Download This Version[/quote]

and often when I see that I think there's a way to download the current version of the Manuals so I click the download and go to the Matrix download page…

…has Squiz considered making a zip archive of the html/graphics within the Manuals available for download and local storage?

(Greg Sherwood) #7

[quote]
…has Squiz considered making a zip archive of the html/graphics within the Manuals available for download and local storage?

[/quote]

There are no plans to provide this yet, but thanks for the suggestion. It may have limited use for people without the built-in search, but I could see it being useful for reference material once you become familiar with the location of everything.

(Squiz) #8

I'd love an offline copy of the manuals primarily because the Internet here is appallingly slow, but secondly because the manuals site keeps going down and I have to use Google's cached version. Wouldn't be so bad, but it's been happening an awful lot lately.

What kind of license is the documentation under? Can we rip/remix/distribute it for our own nefarious purposes? (At a guess I'd guess not.)