Matrix Version: 126.96.36.199
I have a global Metadata Schema that I apply to every Content Container Template that I create. They each get their own Simple Edit file for their specific metadata, and then I have to copy in the html to deal with the global metadata. I would like to embed the html for the global fields in some way so that if I make a change to the global schema, I don’t have to go through every Template and update the html in the Simple Edit.
I have attempted to embed this html into a Simple Edit multiple ways, but nothing is working. I have tried
- a simple edit as nested content
- a simple edit as a snippet
- a standard page as nested content
- a standard page as a snippet
- a simple edit as %globals_asset_content_raw%
- a standard page as %globals_asset_content_raw% - this one at least shows the names and descriptions in the html, which are global assets, but does not show the fields.
Is there something I can pass down to it as nested content that will make it work? A different way to write the %metadata-F_% keyword so it gets the field?
If this currently is not possible, I think the simplest solution (from my point of view anyway) would be to allow multiple Simple Edits applied to a Template the way you can have multiple Schemas.
This is a standard page as %globals_asset_content_raw%