Pre-populate form for user validation

(Jennifer Weiley) #1

We’re using Matrix Version:5.4.0.1 and planning an email campaign so we can ask customers to check the information we have on file and update if necessary.

What’s the best approach for merging the information we have on file to a form and then allowing the user to review, make changes if necessary and resubmit? I don’t have the number but I’m thinking it will be several hundred users.

Can we do this in Matrix or should I be combining with another tool?

(Tbaatar) #2

While it is probably possible I’m against the use of Matrix forms for marketing campaigns. You could use the Matrix form as a form modelling / validation and connect to external services for sending email, segmenting and manging subscription.

(Bart Banda) #3

Hey Jennifer, it depends on what you mean by “on file”. Are the users Matrix user assets and the data you have “on file” for them against metadata on their user assets? Can you share a bit more info on your current user set up you need this to work on?

(Jennifer Weiley) #4

Hi @Bart - the information we have is in other internal systems so we were thinking we would do a data export and merge into a list for a direct marketing campaign with unique emails / links. Not sure if we should be using campaign manager or some other third party tool with potential plug into Matrix or else just to promote the activity on the website.