"preview the hierarchy" Preview button text altered in Admin interface (v4.18.0)

(Amurray) #1

Hi Everyone,

Posted this in General as no functionality altered, but possible confusion could ensue.

When inside the Preview screen of an Asset within the Administration Interface, the Preview button's text is now "Preview the Hierarchy" and no longer "Preview".

The Asset can be in any state, and In our QA environment, a mirror asset still prints as "Preview" on the button.

I couldn't locate the configuration with the Admin that could alter that, nor find anything in the forums or manuals about this.

Has anyone seen this occur too?

(Benjamin Pearson) #2

I think the text you are talking about is hard coded in Matrix language files. So I'm guessing someone would have modified it manually (and ran compile locale script to acknowledge the change).

(Nic Hubbard) #3

The "Preview the Hierarchy" text actually comes from metadata hierarchy type. So very strange you would see the text on the Preview screen.

(Benjamin Pearson) #4

The "Preview the Hierarchy" text actually comes from metadata hierarchy type. So very strange you would see the text on the Preview screen.

Hmm very curious, the language for the metadata field contains the same source key as the global one. Wonder if perhaps somehow that system has a conflict, upgrade went wrong or it is maybe missing core/locale/en/lang_strings.xml ? If [member='amurray'] is a Squiz customer, they should file a support ticket to have it investigated by the devs.

(Amurray) #5

Thanks for the help Nic helpful as always! I thought it was strange that metadata term was there too...

Benjamin, thank you for the confirmation, we have had a recent upgrade and have been working with Squiz to cross-reference other features post upgrade also.

In looking now I can see that  /lang_strings.xml file in that folder in our new  ...matrix_4180/ folder.

in /local/matrix we have two instances:

drwxr-xr-x 13 root root 4096 Nov 14 15:25 xxx_matrix_4180 drwxr-xr-x 13 root root 4096 Nov 14 15:25 xxx_news_matrix_4180

I believe our prod is the latter, but will confirm.

and both have identical:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 245485 Nov 13 09:45 lang_strings.xml

From here I'll check via support ticket to see if anything was adjusted in the Upgrade activities that would effect this,

Many thanks again!