An exciting opportunity for a senior web developer with a passion to lead a technical team and work on innovative projects and new product features!
Are you a senior web developer looking to lead a technical team and work on a range of innovative projects and new product features, as well as enhance existing features? Join a progressive web team and organisation that promotes a positive work culture.
As a Principal Developer and Technical Lead, you will be responsible for day-to-day technical operations and management of the Deakin website. Reporting to the Web Delivery Manager, you will work closely with a front end developer, digital designers, producers and BA.
This is a full time, continuing position, based at our Melbourne Burwood Campus with a salary in the range of $98,322-$112,572 p.a + 17% Superannuation (HEW 8).
Your key responsibilities will include:
- manage and operate the Deakin website and development team, day-to-day management of the CMS platform including templates, design, integration points and content management
- develop new website applications, features, modules and components; enhance existing / legacy applications, features, modules and components
- lead and manage the overall technical pipeline; keep developers on track for deliverables and quality standards, manage technical roadblocks and provide advice on scope and estimations for effort
- manage and mentor developers daily and share knowledge
- troubleshoot technical issues to determine the best approach for resolution of the platform
To be successful, you’ll have:
- a passion for working in a fast-paced and cutting-edge development environment; driving creativity and innovation
- tertiary degree in a computer-related discipline or a degree in a relevant discipline
- extensive experience in a web technical role; demonstrated management experience in web team/projects
- extensive experience in managing an enterprise content management system; implementation of multiple types of web projects of various sizes (i.e., new website build, migration, platform change, system integrations, content management systems)
- excellent interpersonal and written communication skills including stakeholder engagement and vendor management
- solid experience and expertise in Squiz Matrix CMS; full-stack development experience
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
Applications for this position close on 2 October, 2019.
This role has been identified as having contact with children and requires the incumbent to apply for and maintain a Working With Children Check (refer to Deakin’s Recruitment Procedure for further details).
Please ensure to include a cover letter and resume in your application.
Are You Ready?
Deakin is one of the new breeds of global universities – agile, dynamic and innovative. We are committed to making a genuine difference in people’s lives through excellence in education and research. As a Victorian university with a global impact, join us and let’s see what we can achieve together.
Our people are important to us, and we understand the significance of providing them with a dynamic and diverse working environment, with opportunities to grow and develop their careers.
At Deakin, we offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits and various discounts with our third party suppliers.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.