Print pages within a folder in manual order

(Innes Zenati) #1

Matrix Version: v5.5.2.3

Hi everyone, I am looking for a way to print the pages within a folder in a manual order. If you preview a folder which has multiple pages within it these are printed in alphabetical order, can I change the order of these?

(Bart Banda) #2

Hey Innes,
have a look at the asset sorting screen of the asset listing which gives you sorting options:
https://docs.squiz.net/matrix/version/latest/features/listing-assets/asset-listing/asset-sorting-screen.html

(Lewis) #3

Hi @innesz

We’re on Squiz version 5.5.3.3.

I’ve created a demo asset listing that groups standard pages by Folder and then provide the user with a way to sort the pages by name, published date etc. See below.

To do it, you need to setup both Asset Sorting and Asset Grouping for the Asset Listing page. For the Asset Listing’s root node, I used my ‘Pages’ Folder (see below).

Once you’ve set up Asset Grouping, switch to the Asset Sorting screen and deselect Random Order, No Sorting and Asset Map under the Extra Sort-by options section.

Next, choose Name from the Default Sort-by Option dropdown under the Default Sorting section of the Asset Sorting screen. Click Commit.

Next, go to the Page Contents bodycopy of the Asset Listing and add %sort_by% and %submit_button% to the page. Click Commit.

Preview the page and you should see your assets, grouped by the folder they’re in and sorted by the Default Sort-by Option you chose in the Default Sorting section of the Asset Sorting screen. You should also see a dropdown box where you can choose from the options that are defined under the Sort-by Options section of the Asset Sorting screen.

If you want to sort by some custom field (like a metadata field, for example), you can add set those up under the New fields of the Sort-by Options section of the Asset Sorting screen.

Hope that helps :slight_smile: