Problem with link urls when Page Not Found

(Emily) #1

Matrix Version: 5.3.1.0

The problem I am having is not actually on the Page Not Found page (a Standard Page asset); if I preview it then the links are 100% fine.

However, if I go to a URL that actually does not exist (e.g /dflksan ) then the page contents become that of the Page Not Found. In this situation, the body contents links are 100% fine. However, the links that are part of the Design are not functioning properly. I have even set the Override Design File on the Page Not Found settings to make sure it will display the Design customisation I want (although this is the same Design used across the site anyway! But tried it just in case.)

What it prints out:
url.com/current-page-url/?a=123456
(e.g. if link to asset ID 1233456)

Yet if I view any other page in the site, using the same Design customisation, it will show the correct url path rather than add the /?a=123456 .

The link still gets the user to the correct page, but the URL in the browser is with the asset ID number instead of proper URL path.

Has anyone else had this happen?
Any ideas what could possibly be causing this to be happening? (given it is only on when a page does not exist)

Thanks,
Emily.

(Bart Banda) #2

This must be a bug that has been fixed already as I can’t replicate in latest 5.3. I would recommend an upgrade.

Alternatively as a workaround in the meantime, could you try and print the links using %globals_asset_url:1234% to see if they work?

And another alternative, print those links in a standard page that you then nest into the design to see if that works?

(Emily) #3

Hi Bart,

It seems that the %globals_asset_url% works fine. Strange the ./?a=[id] isn’t working, and in such a selective situation.

Nested content seems to have the friendly URLs. Although in some cases the ./?a= links are also performing fine.

I will just switch them over to the %globals_asset_url% tag.
The system may get upgraded sometime in the near future, as I saw that 5.4 has been released for public download now. :slight_smile:

Thanks. :slight_smile: