Problem with upgrading to 4.18.3

(Admin) #1

Apologies if this has been asked before - my forum search didn't yield any relevant results.

I'm trying to upgrade from 4.18.0 to 4.18.3 (using automatic upgrades), but when I run the upgrade script I get errors relating to 'pre_uploaded' folders.

I can't even upgrade to 4.18.1. These are the errors listed when I try to upgrade from 4.18.0 to 4.18.1:

matrix_upgrade.php: cannot find a pre_uploaded folder for mysource_4-18-0
matrix_upgrade.php: cannot find a pre_uploaded folder for mysource_4-18-1

The command I used to run the upgrade script was:

php matrix_upgrade.php --git=disable /root_path/to_my/squiz_matrix mysource_4-18-1

Please let me know if you need any further information. I'm not new to Matrix admin (I've been using it for 10 years at work), but I am fairly new to this server admin on my own personal system.

I should also add that I successfully upgraded last night from 4.16.2 to 4.18.0, so I don't think it's user error. Maybe something has gone slightly wonky during the upgrade though?

Thanks.

(Edison Wang) #2

HI Margie,

There are normally 3 code checkout modes: cvs, git or pre-upload.  

The upgrade script should try git first if available and then cvs, and lastly pre-upload.

Can you try adding this parameter and see it can checkout from cvs? --use_pre_upload=disable

Also you will need to use the latest version of upgrade script.

If you intend to use pre-uploaded matrix code. you will need to have them checked out in the pre-uploaded forlder (see conf/main.conf)

You can use --checkout_only to checkout the code to the pre_upload folder, and then continue the upgrade.

(Admin) #3

Hi Edison,

Thanks for that, it was a huge help. It took a bit more fiddling around, but I got it to work in the end. :)

I still had to disable git because I was experiencing the same issue as described in this forum post: http://forums.squizsuite.net/index.php?showtopic=11942.

I also had to explicity enable CVS - without that it was telling me you can't disable cvs, git and pre-upload all at the same time.

So for the benefit of anyone else who might come across this issue, the successful command I used was:

php matrix_upgrade.php --cvs=enable --git=disable --pre-upload=disable [path to matrix] mysource_4-18-3

I should confirm that this all happened with the latest upgrade script (I removed the MatrixUpgrades folder and re-downloaded the 4.18.3 zip file prior to this upgrade attempt to be absolutely certain I was using the latest files).