Remap manager download CSV: show errors

(Jennifer Weiley) #1

Using Squiz Matrix v5.4.0.1 remap manager and exporting to CSV but it doesn’t include information about broken remaps - just the columns for

• Original URL (From)
  • Remap URL (To)
  • Expires
  • Type
  • Never Delete?

Any suggestions on how I can get the information on errors into the report so I can share the file with stakeholders for review?

(Bart Banda) #2

Unfortunately I don’t think there is a way to export that info into the CSV, but it’d be nice to as an option when doing the export. The easiest workaround I can think of is to simplycopy and paste the table into a Word doc and share that with your stakeholders.

(Jennifer Weiley) #3

Thanks @Bart. My challenge is that we have 45,000!! remaps so scraping the pages is a big job. I’m wondering if Funnelback has any tools that plug into remaps?

The modification to the CSV export would be a helpful enhancement. :slight_smile:

(Tbaatar) #4

Hi Jennifer,

Have you tried using external tools to scrape the website?
Screaming Frog comes to my mind, I have used it number of times to find broken links, 301 redirects and 404’s.

You can export the report into CSV.

However I can’t garuentee that it will find all 45,000 remaps but I’m pretty sure it will find anything that is visible to public.

(Jennifer Weiley) #5

Good thinking @tbaatar. I do wonder whether an invalid remap is different to a broken link. I also think I can audit broken links using Funnelback. I suspect that invalid remaps could be slowing my sites down but I don’t know for sure.