Renaming a file upload to match the submission asset ID

(Innes Zenati) #1

Matrix Version:v.5.4.1.3

So I would like to find out if there is a way to either:

1. Rename a file upload / attachment to a form submission to match the asset ID of the submission (when it appears in the designated inbox)? or
  2. Add a link to the file upload (which sits in Squiz) field in the submission CSV export?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Innes

(Innes Zenati) #2

What I’ve done as a short term fix, is add a keyword to have the submission asset ID appear in the subject line of every email submission, this means that the person receiving the email can quickly see the ID and rename the file so that this matches.

Will save them having to check the submission logs everytime a submission appears.

(Bart Banda) #3

You can rename the file asset that gets created in Matrix after it has been created using a trigger, but not sure if that’s what you want?

(Innes Zenati) #4

Hi Bart, thanks for the reply. Yeah that could be helpful in some cases but not for what I’m needing to do as we need the file itself, which is attached to the email submission to renamed as the asset ID of the submission.

Innes

Accessing form upload via Custom file attachment
(Bart Banda) #5

Hmm, you might be be able to do it using the Send Email Trigger Action and using the custom file attachment setting:

You’d still need to run a trigger first to rename the file I suppose, but that part should be trivial.

Maybe have a play with that to see if that might do it?

(Innes Zenati) #6

Superb Bart, will give that a try.

Yeah Oli Kass works beside me so must have jumped on to see if he could get an answer to this issue too.

Thanks again
Innes