Resend Custom Form Emails

(Nic Hubbard) #1

Matrix Version: 5.4.3.1

We use Custom Forms across many different sites, and almost all of the custom forms will send an email action and/or response email when the form is submitted.

Recently we had an issue with our mail relay, and postfix wasn’t sending email for 7 days. Sadly, there is no email in the postfix queue, so I am hoping to figure out how to get Matrix to resent emails for these form submissions.

Can anyone think of a way to force the Custom Forms to email the form submissions again?

(Keith Brown) #2

…the command line postman can do templated e-mail if you extract the missing bits from matrix in CSV format (which could be an asset listing)

postman -html template.html -text template.txt -csv recipients.csv -sender "Joe Bloggs <joe@bloggs.com>" -subject "A FREE gift for being our customer!" -server smtp.bloggs.com -port 587 -user joe@blogs.com -password "password"

dunno if that helps…

(Iain Simmons) #3

Or just triggers and the batching function, with the same format as the original email, just with the keywords swapped out where necessary.

Then you could also check the submission date to make sure it is after the last email sent.

(Nic Hubbard) #4

I worked on this solution, but I could not find a way for the trigger to send the email to the email address that I had configured in the form submission action. We have a lot of forms so manually doing a trigger for each form and hardcoding the send-to email isn’t going to work.

(Nic Hubbard) #5

@bart Any ideas on how we could do this?

(Bart Banda) #6

I don’t think there is any easy way of doing this. When you say “the email to the email address that I had configured in the form submission action”, was this a hardcoded email address or dynamic based on the user’s response to one of the form fields?

If it was hardcoded for each form, you could extract it from there and manually copy it to the trigger action, but if it’s dynamic based on input, it would be in the form submission attribute data and you could extract it from there couldn’t you?