REST Resource with Custom API

(Damir Sarajlic) #1

Hello Squiz,

I have got a situation where I’m trying to use an API which has a client_id and client_secret. I have made sure that they are correct by testing within Postman (I am getting back a result). In the past, I have placed my Basic Auth within the Response Headers and it has worked successfully.

In this instance however, I have No Auth (as noted within Postman), however I do have a client_id/client_secret with accomodating value. I have tried a few different methods so far, which includes each of those values on a line in the Response Headers.

Example below:

Any help would be fantastic,

Thanks

(Bart Banda) #2

Hey Damir,
Not sure what the actual issue is? Can you give us some more info on the API you are connecting to and what is required?

(Damir Sarajlic) #3

Hey Bart,
Thanks for the reply, my question was, how would I go about using the client_id/client_secret within a REST resource. After much dabbling, I have resolved it however. It was a case of missing colons, between the client_id/client_secret and their accomodating values.

It was a tad confusing as Postman (and every other app which interacts with API’s) has the Authorisation and Headers separated. Having only used these headers for Basic Auth in the past, I thought it was primarily for declaring Authorisation.

eg.

Cheers,