Simple edit layouts not showing

(John) #1

Matrix Version: 5.4.7.0 & 5.5.6.4

I cannot get any simple edit layouts to show in simple edit mode. It just shows the default edit screens.

I have created a number of Simple edit layouts with the relevant keywords. Using the Layout manager I have applied theses layouts to News assets, specifying each for Details, Metadata and Settings screens. I have also tried applying them via the Layouts screen of the parent asset.

Backend Users Read Permission has also been granted to the Simple edit layout too. To be sure, I have also allowed Simple edit users read permission to the layout.

Yet when I access these news assets via /_edit I am served up the default edit screen and not my custom edit layout. I have tried hitting the page from various account types (administrator, simple edit user etc) and same results.

Can anyone help me out here? Is there somewhere else that Simple edit layouts need to be enabled??

Thanks for the reply

(Dave Oakley) #2

Hi John, I’ve not set this up myself, but had a look at a test one that we’ve set up and is working on just one news item atm. I’ve added a screen shot of the News item itself, with the layout applied. Do your news items look something like that too?