Site asset report via asset listing

(Cam) #1

Matrix Version: [v5.4.0.3]

Hey all

I’m trying to set up a report on the most used assets on a site. The idea would be using a Structured Root Selector to choose the site, hit Submit and then have it list those predefined asset types and their count. I’m pretty new to this and I can’t get my head around how to go about setting it up.

The desired result would look like this:

Select Site: <dropdown> [submit]

<Site name>
Standard Pages: <count>
PDFs: <count>
Word docs: <count>

We’d like to exclude Archived assets (of which there are many) and we have around 40 sites in total.

Maybe it’s more complex than I’m imagining it to be and it isn’t worth the time. I’d appreciate any help people can give me.

Thanks,
Cam

(Marcus Fong) #2

If you don’t have too many sites, then it might be easier to just set up an Asset Counter Report for each of them:

https://matrix.squiz.net/manuals/reports/chapters/asset-counter-report

(Cam) #3

Thanks, Marcus. We’ve got around 40 sites and the intent is to shift them to the cloud, and we want to get an overview of each site.

I had a look into that and that seems super easy to set up but I was hoping to exclude Archived assets of which there are a lot (terrible housekeeping). There doesn’t seem to be a way to do that with the Asset Counter Report as far as I can see.

I’ll update the post to include this information that should’ve been there in the first place.

(Bart Banda) #4

THe only other way I can think of doing that is to either A) use an asset listing to list the required information (could time out though if your sites are big and there’s lots of assets under them, but you could try and do it per site rather than do all 40 at once), or B), write a DB query using the https://matrix.squiz.net/manuals/data/chapters/db-data-source asset (requires you to have a read-only DB user on your Matrix instance though).

(Cam) #5

Thanks, Bart. I tried listing the assets per site but as you predicted it timed out each time. I’ll just have to stick with Marcus’ suggestion as a compromise.