SOAP Function Examples Now on Manuals Site

(Josh Sherwood) #1

The Web Services Manual on the Web Services Manual now includes examples for each SOAP API function. This is in addition to the previous update of examples for the JS API functions, a few weeks back.

More information on these additions can be found in the Web Services Manual.

(Scott Hall) #2

Woohoo! Thanks Josh, I had a few problems when trying to connect the dots when these assets were first released myself and these new changes help a great deal :)!

(Mahearnpad) #3

[quote]
The Web Services Manual on the Web Services Manual now includes examples for each SOAP API function. This is in addition to the previous update of examples for the JS API functions, a few weeks back.

More information on these additions can be found in the Web Services Manual.

[/quote]

This is certainly an improvement, but I wouldn’t get too self-congratulatory, because one example is not always all that useful. For example, the SetAssetStatus method gives the example of 16 as the code to set the asset to live, but what are the codes for all other statuses. I wouldn’t have a clue how to find these - and I don’t have access to the php scripts on the server. It would be good to have these and similar things all listed out in the manual.

Michael

(Benjamin Pearson) #4

[quote]
This is certainly an improvement, but I wouldn't get too self-congratulatory, because one example is not always all that useful. For example, the SetAssetStatus method gives the example of 16 as the code to set the asset to live, but what are the codes for all other statuses. I wouldn't have a clue how to find these - and I don't have access to the php scripts on the server. It would be good to have these and similar things all listed out in the manual.

Michael

[/quote]

Doesn't the SOAP Call getAllStatuses return what you need?

(Nic Hubbard) #5

Awesome addition guys. Thanks so much.

(Josh Sherwood) #6

[quote]
This is certainly an improvement, but I wouldn't get too self-congratulatory, because one example is not always all that useful. For example, the SetAssetStatus method gives the example of 16 as the code to set the asset to live, but what are the codes for all other statuses. I wouldn't have a clue how to find these - and I don't have access to the php scripts on the server. It would be good to have these and similar things all listed out in the manual.

Michael

[/quote]

Michael,

Certainly not self-congratulatory, merely reporting new additions to the manuals.

I'm constantly asking for feedback and as such welcome yours. I will get the asset status codes added to the manuals and have a look at any similar additions that can be made.

Thanks for your input.

(Scott Hall) #7

You could awlays inspect the DOM of the details screen frame using FireBug, the status #'s will be in the status select elements option values which are posted back to the system.

(Mahearnpad) #8

[quote]
You could awlays inspect the DOM of the details screen frame using FireBug, the status #'s will be in the status select elements option values which are posted back to the system.

[/quote]

@ Scott: thanks, but I'm sorry I have no idea what you mean. I use PHP to make the SOAP API calls, mostly using the CLI. And on your previous reply, my reference to status codes was just an example. There have been many times when I've had to spend a lot of time trying to find out this code or that, because it wasn't in the manual (can't think of any concrete examples now).

@ Josh: I'm sorry for attacking you in such terms, I know you're doing the best you can :slight_smile:

(Tbaatar) #9

Many thanks for this. Can wait to get my hands dirty with SOAP

(Duncan Robertson) #10

[quote]

[/quote]

I see what you did there.

(Benjamin Pearson) #11

[quote]

[/quote]

:blink: