Squiz Matrix intergration

(Shane) #1

We have a client that runs Squiz Matrix and they want to add a interactive timetable program that lists the days of weeks with time and then assign blocks to time similar to Outlook Calendar etc. Was just looking for some guidelines on the best way to do something like this in Squiz Matrix if possible? By adding an iframe based option or integrated in some other way.

(Nic Hubbard) #2

Not exactly sure what you are wanting to do here. Have you look into the Calendar Page asset?

(Shane) #3

- Need to display a timetable with days across the top and then hours down the side (only need one generic week - date does not matter)

- Guest/non logged in users can then add blocks of time in to a day and hour range labelled with a title (basic planning overview)

- Then they can print it out/save as PDF

Thanks. I am new to the Squiz setup so I am just wondering how you can do something like a Wordpress plugin or Joomla component if it is possible.

(Bart Banda) #4

You could do something like this in Matrix using custom implementation and the calendar asset and single calendar events, but would be complex to set up and require a lot of JS on the front end, unless there is a nice JS plugin that handles most of this for you and that you can easily integrate into Matrix with. If you are new to Matrix though, I suggest you look at a 3rd party plugin and that lets you iframe something like this into a page in Matrix.

Does Google Calendar offer something like this?

(Shane) #5

Thank you I thought doing something in Matrix might be a bit complex being new to it so I might look at the iframe option which I was initially thinking would have to be the easiest solution.