Submission Log Email Export - Custom Form

(Rhaggith) #1

Matrix Version:5.4.3.1

Hey all,

We’ve got a weekly email CSV export for a Custom Form, and unfortunately the CSV needs to have a specific column order to be used with another system.

There doesn’t look to be any obvious option for the ordering of headings in the exported CSV - is this based around where questions are located in the asset tree? Are there config options to adjust this?

Thanks,
Rod

(Rhaggith) #2

It looks like when I use the export tool, it exports a CSV using the asset tree order for column order, but when the email exporter is used it exports by sequential asset/question id.

Any way to make this consistent?

(Bart Banda) #3

Unfortunately no, there is no way to control that via the form submission logs screen.

The only other way would be to produce the CSV export manually using an asset listing or a search page, but would potentially require some tricky implementation.

I have added that as a feature request in our roadmap however as it’d be good to be able to control that order manually.

https://squizmap.squiz.net/matrix/12169

(Rhaggith) #4

thanks Bart, top stuff :slight_smile:

(Jamie Smith) #5

It would also be useful to be able to export any metadata associated with each form submission. I’ve had to create a JavaScript API-based export tool to build a CSV file that combines form responses and metadata field values.