Summary listing form fields/contents

(Andrew Harris) #1

Matrix Version: v5.3.4.0

A bit left field, but I’m trying to report on form fields of a certain type. Doesn’t have to be pretty, just simple, so I started with a sitemap asset. It allowed me to select ‘Form Question - File Upload’ from the Asset Types to List, but it doesn’t seem to work - tried all the toggle options. Similar experience using an Asset Listing. They both promise the ability to list these dependent assets, but fail to deliver. Am I missing something obvious?

Just to elaborate: for security reasons, we like to check a form when it goes live to check for file upload fields, and apply virus checking and file type restrictions as necessary. We currently have a trigger which simply tells us by email that a form has been made live - we have to visit that form to know whether it has a file upload field.
I can’t make the trigger conditions more specific - ie: to look for the particular field type, so I thought I’d nest one of the listing assets in the email, so that it at least reported the form contents/field types in the email.

Struggling so far - would welcome any suggestions!

(Bart Banda) #2

In your trigger, could you check %asset_contents_raw% keyword if it contains the string ‘type=“file”’?

Something like
%asset_contents_raw^contains:type="file":EXISTS:DOESNT%

(Andrew Harris) #3

Heh, this was one of those times when you’re sure you’ve done everything right, but it’s not working!

So, I dismantled my trigger, improved my testing and messaging, and started over again. Didn’t seem to change anything, but the second time around it worked! Go figure!

Anyway, happy now - thanks again Bart :slight_smile: