There was an error uploading the file - error when form page is refreshed

(Daniel Spice) #1

[font="Tahoma"]Hi there,

we have a a form set up with 5 or so File Upload Questions.

If a client hits refresh (or F5) before or while filling out the form in their browser, the site reloads with the following error message.

[font="Courier New"]There was an error uploading the file for File Upload question "Attach file:"

There was an error uploading the file for File Upload question "Attach file:"

There was an error uploading the file for File Upload question "Attach file:"[/font]

This happens if the form is empty or not and occurs before submission. I tried a couple of things to troubleshoot and found that if I clear cookies and refresh the error goes away. As soon as I hit refresh again the same error occurs. As I mentioned the form works fine, however if a client refreshes (for what ever reason) the error message occurs and gives a bad impression.

Is this expected behaviour? Does it occur for anyone else? Any ideas as to a fix or a way to hide the errors?

Cheers,

Dan

[/font]

Custom form - file upload
(Robin Shi) #2

we are using 3.24.3 and have the same problem. The temporary solutionis to customise the body copy and exclude the keywords of "%form_errors_message%" and "%form_errors%" then only use client validation. I think it's a bug

(Benjamin Pearson) #3

It looks like it is a bug. It was fixed in 3.24.4.