Upgrade 4.18.9 Error

(Tbaatar) #1

Hi,

On my test server I just ran the latest available upgrade script for Matrix 4 (automatic_upgrades_4-18-4.zip) to upgrade to version 4.18.9 and got the following error:

PHP Warning session_start(): open([SYSTEM_ROOT]/cache/sess_ecr2mks6ae0ca5h9utrpvmao01, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13)    

PHP Warning
Unknown: open(/home/websites/squiz_matrix/cache/sess_ecr2mks6ae0ca5h9utrpvmao01, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13)

PHP Warning
Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/home/websites/squiz_matrix/cache)

Is this related to the upgrade script or something else?

Thanks

(Nic Hubbard) #2

I assume this is after the upgrade? Did you make sure to set permissions again for the web user to the cache and data folder?

chown -R www-data:www-data data cache

(Tbaatar) #3

Thanks Nic, this worked.

(Tbaatar) #4

Not sure what i have done wrong but it seema i can only login with the IP address. domain.com/_admin login results in refreshing the logon page and adds question mark at the wnd of the url. The domain name is in main.inc.

Is there anything else i should check?

To upgrade i took a server image and used this image to build a new cloud server. The domain is pointing to the new IP.

Thanks.

(Nic Hubbard) #5

In main.inc did you add the domain? Making sure to add it on a new line?

(Tbaatar) #6

Thanks Nic,

It was on a new line however it had space after the IP, and it seems to be working now.