Upgrade Scripts not yet supporting 5.5?

(Nic Hubbard) #1

We were working to test an upgrade to 5.5 but are getting an error that 5-5-0-0 cannot be found in the Git repo.

I am using the github.com repo and the following command:

php matrix_upgrade.php --autostep --verbose /opt/matrix 5-5-0-0

Any idea why this would give that error?

(Nic Hubbard) #2

Anyone? Should I be contact Squiz Support about this?

(Bart Banda) #3

We recently moved from Github to Gitlab but the code is getting synced from the new place to Github. Looks like the tags aren’t coming across though. I will raise this with our internal infrastructure team and post back here when I know more.

(Bart Banda) #4

So, just double checked, and the tags are actually getting synced across correctly: https://github.com/squizlabs/Matrix/tags

What’s the actual error you are getting? Do you have the latest version of the upgrade script?

Regardless, if you are upgrading from 5-4 to 5-5 you will probably still run into issues because the upgrade script now refers to the deprecation script (a different repo we don’t have in GitHub yet) as a submodule dependency (https://github.com/squizlabs/MatrixUpgrades/blob/master/.gitmodules).

If you contact us via our Squiz Support channel Nick we can provide a copy of that script that matches the latest version of the upgrade script for you.

(Nic Hubbard) #5

The error was:

5-5-0-0 cannot be found in the Git repo

I just grabbed the repo again and it looks like it has been updated. I have contacted our account manager to get the deprecation script.

(David Schoen) #6

Just to share a little more info…

The MatrixUpgrades repo now depends on a “deprecation” repo that contains a set of scripts that’ll check on and adjust any assets that are in Matrix 5.4 but missing in 5.5. The way we chose to link those two together was via a git submodule which requires a hard coded URL in the upgrades repo pointing at the deprecation repo - because we maintain those repos on an internal Git repository the pointer is at our internal Git repo, meaning people who only have access to GitHub.

Because of the hard coded internal URL, even if we put the deprecations repo up on GitHub, it’d still be non-trivial to link the two back together from a clone off GitHub.

We’d like to sort it out in the long run, but in the mean time we’re happy to manually provide a packaged copy of MatrixUpgrades + deprecations to anyone who has access to the GitHub if it comes through a channel where we can share the file and verify access (as Bart says, Squiz Support is probably the most reliable).

Re tag confusion on GitHub - the 5-* tags are only showing up in some interfaces in GitHub, they’re definitely there in the underlying repository, but I’m not sure if the glitch is an oddity in the GitHub UI or the way we’re replicating the repo on to GitHub at this stage.