Virtual Machine Setup Issue

(Rob) #1

Matrix Version:5.3.1.0

Hi All,

I am very new to the Squiz Matrix so I am in the process of setting up the virtual machine to start the ball rolling with creating my first CMS in it. I have followed the setup guide up to the point of testing the url: http://matrixdemo.squiz.net/_admin.

The virtual machine session is running - the correct IP and url have been added to my /etc/hosts file but the above link is still giving the error message: matrixdemo.squiz.net refused to connect in the browser.

I have the network tab in the VM settings menu set to “Bridged Adapter” so have been playing around with those settings to no avail.

I thought I might be able to configure the CMS through my MAMP setup but haven’t resorted to trying that as yet.

If you guys need any additional info to assist, just let me know!

Thanks!

RWK

(Bart Banda) #2

Hmm, not sure why that would happen. We are just about to release an updated version of the VM within the next week so maybe wait until we’ve done that so you can use the latest version?

Also, what VM software are you using?

(Rob) #3

Hi Bart,

Thank you for the quick response! I’m using virtual box to run it.

I’ll hold fire on using it on my mac for the time being. Is there a way of installing it on a local server using MAMP? The only forum support I can find for it dates back 10 years.

Thanks again,

RWK

(Marcus Fong) #4

It’s not possible to install Matrix on either LAMP or MAMP stacks; Matrix doesn’t support MySQL as its database.

(Rob) #5

Ah ok, thanks Marcus - I shall await the updated version of the VM and see how I go with that.

(Rob) #6

Morning all,

Just thought i’d say that since updating the VM to the latest version that’s just been released, i’m able to get into the matrix. Followed the exact instructions so as before so must have been a issue with the Mac OS i’m using which is Sierra.

Thanks again for all the help!

(Rob) #7

Hijacking this thread - has anyone had any issues getting the VM running on Mac OS Mojave?

…just realised this is my thread /facepalm