Web Services Manual for v3.24 released

(Josh Sherwood) #1

The Web Services manual has been released for version 3.24 of MySource Matrix. This manual provides a detailed explanation of how to use the Web Services SSV and GPL packages. The overview of the manual is as follows:

• Introduction
    [*]Overview of Web Services
    [*]SOAP Server
    [*]SOAP API Asset Service
    [*]SOAP API Design Lookup Service
    [*]SOAP API File Retrieval Service
    [*]SOAP API Link Service
    [*]SOAP API Metadata Service
    [*]SOAP API Permission and Role Service
    [*]SOAP API Workflow Service
    [*]Basic SOAP Implementation
    [*]Javascript API
    [*]Basic Javascript API Implementation
    [*]Appendix 1 - SOAP complexType Parameters
    [*]Index

The Web Services manual can be downloaded from the MySource Matrix User Manuals page.
Please note that the Web Services manual contains information on the SOAP Server and SOAP API Service assets which are only available to users who own a Squiz Supported Version (SSV) of MySource Matrix. The assets and functions described in these chapters will not be available to all users.

(Karl Davidson) #2

Hey Josh,

I've been reading through the Web Services Manual and I came across this sentence:

The GetAttributeValuesByName operation will return all attributes belonging to an asset type, specified by the attribute name.

I don't really understand the sentence will this operation return attributes for an attribute or values for an attribute?

(Huan Nguyen) #3

Hi Karl,
One example is that you want to find out the name of all the pages in the system, and you have assetids from 100 to 150, but not all of them are pages, and you dont know which is which, so you'd put in Assetids[1, …,150], AttributeName is 'name', TypeCode is 'page_standard', and the operation would return you the name associate with the assetid of each of the page asset in those assetids.