What to do after changes in db.inc?

(Pw) #1

I moved one of Matrix installations from one server to another.
Everything going smoothly, but I don't know what to do after making changes in db.inc file.

Should I do steps of installation manually?

(Nic Hubbard) #2

So you are restoring a backup of Matrix from one server to another? Or? If so, you shouldn't have to change db.inc.

(Pw) #3

[quote]
So you are restoring a backup of Matrix from one server to another? Or? If so, you shouldn't have to change db.inc.

[/quote]

I need to make this change. Before DB was set in db.inc to external server, now I want use DB locally.

(Nic Hubbard) #4

[quote]
I need to make this change. Before DB was set in db.inc to external server, now I want use DB locally.

[/quote]

I think that running step_02.php will do the DB stuff for you after you make that change. It doesn't hurt anything to run that and step 3, so give it a try and see if it works.

(Pw) #5

[quote]
I think that running step_02.php will do the DB stuff for you after you make that change. It doesn't hurt anything to run that and step 3, so give it a try and see if it works.

[/quote]

I tried and got info "…set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated…".

This is very old Matrix installation (v3.25.8).

I'll try to update it before moving from server to server.

(Nic Hubbard) #6

What version of PHP did you have on the old server vs. the new server?

(Pw) #7

[quote]
What version of PHP did you have on the old server vs. the new server?

[/quote]

old: 5.2.14-0.4.1, new: 5.3.8-4.34.1

(Ashish Karelia) #8

[quote]
I tried and got info “…set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated…”.

This is very old Matrix installation (v3.25.8).

I’ll try to update it before moving from server to server.

[/quote]

Hi,

You can ignore the message for now. But thanks for putting it on forums. This is something Squiz Labs will need to address as it is deprecated on 5.3.x and removed from 5.4.x onwards.

So when you say your db (before) was external and now it is on the same server, does that mean you have moved the entire data too?

If so then running step_02.php, like Nic suggested, Should have been enough. But step_03.php hasn’t hurt anyone :wink:

Ash

EDIT: Actually my bad. This was already fixed when Labs started the Support for PHP 5.3. So if you had the correct version of Matrix which officially supported PHP 5.3 then this warning wouldn’t have cropped up. The issue was fixed with respect to Bug #4551 php 5.3 support

(Pw) #9

[quote]
Hi,

You can ignore the message for now. But thanks for putting it on forums. This is something Squiz Labs will need to address as it is deprecated on 5.3.x and removed from 5.4.x onwards.

So when you say your db (before) was external and now it is on the same server, does that mean you have moved the entire data too?

If so then running step_02.php, like Nic suggested, Should have been enough. But step_03.php hasn’t hurt anyone :wink:

Ash

EDIT: Actually my bad. This was already fixed when Labs started the Support for PHP 5.3. So if you had the correct version of Matrix which officially supported PHP 5.3 then this warning wouldn’t have cropped up. The issue was fixed with respect to Bug #4551 php 5.3 support

[/quote]

Thanks, I upgraded Matrix on old server then moved it. Everything seems to work great.

After moving I did: step_02, compile_locale, step_03, compile_locale.