Comments + reply to comments

(Ravi) #1

Matrix Version:
Hi there,
I have created the comment page using the asset builder page and comments function is now working fine. now I need to link the reply comment option to every comment. To do that I create reply link on those comments. and I passed the id of the comment to the asset builder in the create location screen. then it will b child of that comment.

Looks like it is partially working now. but when you click on reply link, it goes to the new page to do the comment reply & it didn’t get added to the original comment. It just stuck over there.

I also used javascript to call the reply comment on the parent asset. I applied that in the paint layout.

How to build a blog

Not sure what you’ve done so far since I haven’t had time to log on but a blast from the past is still live so have a look at how to creat a blog: http://matrixusers.com/tutorials/creating-comments (yes it’s old from the times when Matrix was still called MySource Matrix, was under GPL and you could download it from CVS and attempts were made to create a real open source community). Anyway, the principles and techniques are still valid and working today.

(Ryan Morgan) #3

Hi Maaya,
Have you thought about using the API to do this? It might sound like more work - but you will have way more control.
You can use the createAsset call and just pass the asset id of the reply through.
Cheers
Ryan